Thursday, August 7, 2014

Summary of Chapter Sixteen of TEAM OF RIVALS

GENERAL WAR ORDER NO. 1: Sets February 22 as "the day for a general movement of the land and naval forces of the United States against the insurgent forces."

On January 27, 1862, Lincoln issued the General War Order Number One. As you can see above, it marked February 22 as the day that the U.S. would attack anybody that was attacking them. Well, Lincoln was planning to attack people on February 22, but he was too "preoccupied" by Willie dying and Tad's illness to do anything about it.

People were all like, "What up with dat?"

Well, maybe not exactly like that.

I don't think people in the 1800's said what up with dat.

I might be wrong, though.

Just maybe.

Later, on March 11, Lincoln fired McClellan.

Well, it was more of a demotion.

If you have no idea what a demotion is, I guess I'll tell you. I need to beef this post up, anyways. If you already know what it means, too bad so sad. I guess that you can just suffer through me describing what a demotion is.

So.

The definition of demotion.

A demotion is pretty much the opposite of a promotion.

And if you don't know what a promotion is, go look it up. I'm tired of explaining all of this difficult stuff.

So, anyways,  on March 11, Lincoln fired demoted McClellan, so instead of being the general of the army, McClellan was just given control of the Potomac Army.

So that's it.

That's all there is to it.

I hope you learned something.

I know I did.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. Funny--I had just been searching for blogposts with the label "What up with dat?" Good thing you had something for me.

    --Mom

    ReplyDelete