Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summary of Chapter Nine of TEAM OF RIVALS

Yes, I know. If you just simply glance down the page, you will see that there is a lot less writing than there normally is. I'm aware of that. I guess you'll just have to deal with that.

Abraham Lincoln, who was sometimes mistakenly called 'Abram', shocked the country, but especially the Eastern Republicans when he was elected. At first, nobody expected Lincoln to be that good and they thought he was just an accidental candidate. But when he started doing what he did, people were all like, "Wow. This guy is good. We should vote for him."

Lincoln had a secretary named John Nicolay. He was 28 years old and he was an immigrant from Germany. Nicolay was said to help Lincoln answer letters and help with visitors. I honestly don't know why I added that. I just felt that this really short summary needed some beefing up.

Seward was planning to go on a tour, which started in Michigan, went west to Wisconsin and Minnesota, south to Iowa and Kansas, then finally east to Illinois and Ohio. In Detroit, 50,000 people gathered to hear him speak, and in Kalamazoo, there were thousands that gathered to hear him speak. When the tour finally ended on October sixth, a noisy throng welcomed him back to Auburn.

Well, I guess that's it. That's the end of the really short summary. I'm sorry if it was painfully short. I didn't want to cause any pain... or so you think.

2 comments:

  1. On short blog posts: If you ain't got nuttin' to say, then don't say it--a short summary is just fine. But I actually get a kick out of your side commentary on how and why you're adding random details, so keep going with the flow, man. --Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can I resist the flow when I got the flow?
      --Simon

      Delete